Sunday 5 February 2017

Blog #2

I’m going to start this blog by saying yes, I too have had that christmas/early January cold that everyone seems to have had. It hit me as soon as 2017 started and stayed with me right through to the end of January on and off. However, it has now fully past and surprisingly I can say that I haven’t lost any sort of fitness and I am exited about what is to come in 2017.

The winter rides and any sort of training in the cold, I am going to admit have been a struggle, with I think just about each one making me look like I had just come from a swim session, but I guess thats what makes us brits hard core! However, I have Girona/Banyoles (Spain) to look forward to in 2 weeks time and I cannot wait to head out their for some warm rides.

I took part in one cross country race during the month of January in The Sussex Cross Country Championships. This was the first time I had raced there, where the day could be a running race, rather than a mud sliding race. Although to me, the mud is what gives the fun to cross country. It was an 8km race and was a mixture of the under 20’s men and senior men with the senior men doing an extra lap to total 12km.

I started of strong just sitting behind the front group of seniors as I new they were going to be good pacers as they had the extra lap. I could see after the about 2k I was in 2nd and the person in 3rd was just hanging about 15 meters behind me. Unfortunately after holding that position for most of the race, I was overtaken in the last long straight of the course to the finish line with myself crossing in 3rd. However, with it being my first medal at a Sussex Cross Country Championships after all the years of competing in them, I was very happy. I have qualified for Nationals, but will not be taking part due to being out in Spain.


So by the next time you hear from me, I will hopefully be settling out in Spain, continuing to train hard for my first race of the season, which will be the British Duathlon Championships as well for the rest of the season to come! 

Once again thank you to Pedal Potential for the support for the 2017 season.

Thanks for reading

Luke




No comments:

Post a Comment