Tuesday 3 January 2017

Blog #1

So my preparation for the 2017 season has been underway over the winter for the past 3 months now already. I am writing this blog with my first illness of 2017 as well, so a good start to the year for me! Over the past 3 months I have been training at home in Eastbourne with my Triathlon Club Team Bodyworks. I have decided to put University on hold for one more year. Everything has been going pretty smoothly. After a disappointing 2016 season, I am feeling more refreshed and determined to do better in 2017. I’m already hitting times better than last year, especially in the pool, and just feel happier during my training. 


In mid February I will be making a big change in my life to go and live, train in Girona, ‘a cyclists paradise’ for the next 7 months. I have already spent a week out there in the month of October and it was easy too see why so many pro cyclists and triathletes choose to live and train out there. I’m looking forward the the change in scenery for a bit and well as the cracking tan lines that I will gain out of it. I will also be doing some part time work with Girona Cycling to keep me going which I am also looking forward too. I will still be travelling back to the UK to take part in races throughout the season. 


During the past three months I have got back into the cross country routine, having missed out on it last year and I really have missed them! I have been taking part in the Sussex League and am now racing against the senior men which is bringing a big challenge which I am enjoying. I have the Sussex Championships up this Saturday so am looking forward to that and although I have had this cold, I don’t feel this has taken any of my fitness away, and am feeling ready for the race.

The coming months should be testing. But with racing in 2017 already beginning to feel closer again, I am excited to continue training hard. I aim to write a blog for each month of 2017 to let you all know how i’m getting on.

A big thank you to Pedal Potential for the support again going into the 2017 season, they are a big help and support a lot of talented athletes all with great ambitions. 

Thanks for reading


Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment