Saturday 1 April 2017

Blog #4

The season is underway in just one week, and I can’t wait to get going! My training has been going very well out here in Banyoles and there hasn’t been a single problem this whole winter! I feel in great shape and mentally am in a very good place at the moment, so I’m feeling positive. 

Working with Girona Cycling has been fitted very well with my training and they have helped me find people to train with over here making it even more enjoyable. I think the change has been very good for me. I have just been training this past month and been going up the famous peaks around the area, such as Rocacorba and El Mont. Although after the Duathlon next week I will be changing my gearing. Trying to cycle up them in a 39-23 is not recommended! But it made it a challenge. The views from the top were pretty cool swell.

Midway through March, the Volta a Catalunya came into the area. It was the Team Time Trial stage and the start and finish line was just two minuets from my apartment out here. It was very cool to just be meters away from top cyclists like Froome, Thomas and Contador. We also had an international mountain bike race in Banyoles and even the women out there, let alone the men would make my bike handling look like a beginner cyclist.




I have tried a couple of treadmill sessions this winter. The set being 8x30 secs on and off @20kmph - 60 secs recovery - 6 mins on @21kmph - 60 secs recovery - 3 mins @21kmph. I know if I can translate this onto the road and into the British Duathlon Championships, I am confident I can make the front end of the first run and then out onto the bike. We shall see…

Thanks for reading

Luke 


No comments:

Post a Comment