Tuesday 7 March 2017

Blog #3

So I'm now out in Girona getting some good training in on the nice smooth quite roads!

I started the month with my final cross country race for this season in the sussex league at Hickstead  It was a very muddy one, but that's how I like it. It was a mix of under 20's and seniors. I started of hard from the start and managed to hold on for 2nd under 20 and 6th overall, which I was very happy with and was my best overall result in a cross country to date, so I can't complain.

Midway, through February, I made my way over to Girona, and was greeted with very warm weather! Fiona, one of the owners of the cycling and triathlon hotel (Girona Cycling) which is where I will be working part time picked me up at Barcelona airport and took me to Banyoles where I will be living. I also met Brenden who is an Irish cat 1 cyclist who I will be sharing my apartment with, so he has already been showing me how to really cycle.


I am hoping to maybe to some sort of race of a Triathlon, Duathlon or 10k run, before I head back to the UK for the first national series race of the year at the British Duathlon Championships on April 9th. 

So until then, I will continue to enjoy training out in this new location!

Thanks for reading



Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment